Friday, April 21, 2006

And Roopa has come to town

I wish I could put up a snap of the 2 of us reuniting after 23 years..... but I would need a wide lens camera and a very stoic photographer to actually dare to do justice to this potrait... never mind.. we are still ravishing and sexy and desirable and wonderful human beings and with sooooooo much of us for all of you to adore ( enmasse ).

Roopa and I have been together since Nursersy ( Ms. Higgins ) before we joint LMC together in 1973. And we have had the pleasure of creating plenty of strife in many people's lives.
Last night we met up with lindy and had a couple of vodkas while being bitten alive with BLR's infamous mosquitoes. It was fun and it was good to hear the cackles and bursts of laughter and recollection of what exactly I would do to deserve the special Ms. Mathew chair for me ( inside a dustbin ).

Nonetheless..... this mail is to tell all of you... come on over to BLR .... you all are always welcome

Take care

DS

11 comments:

Ujwala said...

looks like you guys are having a blast. :D just dont be too wicked. i guess linty is the only sane one amongst the 4 of you.

DIPALI said...

and here i thought you were my best friend :( hell... traitor.....

DS

Ujwala said...

:D and dont forget to take photographs!

DIPALI said...

UP........FOTO is major effort :) both of us are big sized women :)anyway ... its been good so far... and 3 days are gone and a few more to go )
hugs

DIPALI said...

its been a great last few days connecting...roopa found her lost love Joydeep, we got to speak to IG after years and Arti got rudely woken up at 4: 15 am by Roops asking her to guess who she was.... I can't get over the emotional onnection we still all have for each other and no matter how many years have gone by, each of them is the same and each of us share a bond so thick that the years seem so darn insignificant

arti manaktala said...

Yes....not only did you guys wake me up...Roopa kept asking me to guess - now what are the chances of guessing right when one has not talk to a friend in 23 years!!! you were supposed to call me back at 8.30 and at 7.00am the phone rang again!!!!!!
anyway,it was great talking to you both.

Anonymous said...

Dipu
I re-read this post. What did Mrs Mathews do? Make you sit in a dust bin? What did you do that poor woman?!! (haaaaaa Haaaaa)
Rohini

DIPALI said...

rohini

i was called "nepali " byh er consistently and i used a magnet to pull out her jooda ( hair bun ) pins and she screamed blue murder and put me inside the dustbin. :(

Anonymous said...

Dipu, that is too funny. I wish I could have seen her face!
There was one time in Georgie's Maths class when we were doing geometry and she came up to me and said "musherdum". I had no clue as to what she was saying (she said it louder and louder atleast 5 times) till Sangeeta who was sitting behind me translated... measure them!She was referring to those darn angles!!Ro

DIPALI said...

smile :) that must have been hilarious...

Ujwala said...

i remember musherdum too :D and lots of sung-giddas as she was always in trouble. They were all wonderful!

And dipu was truly wicked. she would stand behind the chair and put chalk dust into Mrs Mathew's bun or try and pull out her hair pins! Poor lady - dont know how she managed to survive us.

i feel sorry for all my friends who tell me that they are teachers especially if they get wretches like us!