Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Mira Aunty's chocolate cake recipe

Been getting sms's and messages and sighs and " I miss, I want, I need " lines from the gang asking for mom's chocolate cake recipe ........which by the way she has dedicated to the girls of '83..... so here goes for those that wanted it .... Mom requested those of you that try it , email her and let her know how it came...she is available on mirasikand@yahoo.com

Sift together 1 3/4 cup flour, 1 1/2 tsp soda bicarb. 1/.2 tsp salt 6 tbsp cocoa powder
Beat together 1/2 cup shortening ( mom uses dalda ), 1 1/2 cup fine sugar, 2 eggs, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence , 1 1/4 cups curds

Beat altogether well..pour into a well greased and floured pan. Bake in moderate oven ( 150 degrees )for 30-35 mins. Keep aside for 5 minutes and then over turn the tin....

2 comments:

Ujwala said...

Dipu, give Meera Aunty a big hug and kiss from me and thank her for the recipe. I'm going to put it on my recipe blog - http://rasbhara.blogspot.com/ but for that i need a picture. the first one who tries this out owes me a picture. please.

arti manaktala said...

going to try and make it this weekend for easter - I second Ujj with a big hug for Mira aunty with lots of love always.