Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Piya Pal



Dipu managed to get hold of Piya's email id from somewhere. I thought that I'd write and surprise her but she was up-to-date having spent the weekend with Sharmi.

Here's a recent picture of her. Piya is currently a Professor at the Bowling Green State University, Ohio teaching English and Cultural Studies/Theory. She's finished publishing her first book in December and is currently working on a second one on terrorism.

I'm sure she'll add to this brief write-up soon when she starts to post. Sango has also shown an interest. Any other takers?

Also see if you can spot Piya in the "1973" photograph.

2 comments:

DIPALI said...

Piya looks so good !!!! Really slinky and vrooom ! Congratulations on your work done ...you were always so good with words.... I am sure you will hate for us to remember you by our endearment for you ( pulpy :) but believe me , I have some very happy memories associated with Piya. I still remember when you returned from Hongkong and rejoined class with us. It was fun. I would love to know about your family..any kids? take care.........

Piya said...

Dipa, hi!

Thanks for the compliment!It's nice to be a part of this and to be able to get back in touch with you guys....I remember all the fun we used to have. You all look great in the photos-your kids look wonderful Dipa. Really nice of Ujwala to do this. I was in Cal recently for the Pujas which was quite an experience after 13 years. Anyway, I live in a college town in Ohio (about 4 hrs from Chicago and Toronto). I've been busy getting tenure as a professor and working on my book for the last 6 years and have barely had time for anything else...so no kids! Too many students also with demands on my time. But I have two black cats who are rather cute. Right now I'm on research leave working on a book which looks at terrorism and aesthetics...hopefully this one will make me famous(haha). Sharmi and I had a great time this holiday weekend--we shopped till we dropped...