Saturday, April 8, 2006

For Indira Velukutty

Indira.jpg
From her sister Archana:
For Indira...
This is a post different from the previous ones since it is being sent on behalf of a member of the LMOG 1983 batch.
It 's in memory of my sister Indira (Indu) Velukutty who passed away on April 29th, 2005 after a long battle with breast cancer. She and her husband Rajeev Menon moved to the US in 1987. She lived in Fremont, California & raised three beautiful children; Viraj (15) Vishak (10) and Kamini (6). Indu's courage and determination in the face of all odds is an inspiration to the many lives she touched during her short lifetime.
My sincere thanks to Ujwala & the rest of you who have connected so many people through this blog... for me it's a link to Indu's childhood & many fond memories.

Archana Velukutty (LMOG - 1987)
Berkeley Heights -NJ

4 comments:

Ujwala Prabhu said...

dear archana,

when rohini first told us about it, i was stunned. it was totally unexpected and somehow even now i cant believe that she's not around there somewhere. rohini also mentioned that indira was a fighter until the end.

for me she is a part of my school memories and it will always be that way. i still remember the wicked glint in her eye before she got up to some mischief. as you will recall our batch was quite notorious for that.

i wish i had had the opportunity to have known her after school too. I'm truly sorry about Indira and wish it could have been different.

please stay in touch.

love, ujwala

Anonymous said...

Dear Ujwala - thanks for your mail. Indu always had a special place for her 'batchmates' from LMC. You all were a fun lot.
Like I said reading the posts somehow makes me feel close to Indu - in some strange way.
Hope to meet you someday & share some wonderful memories.
Cheers - Archana

Anonymous said...

Dear Archana, Ijust got to know abt my friend Indira and am stunned. I have been thinking abt her since and all the times we shared together -Sangita,Kavita,myself. I prey to God that he gives strength to her family.

Love Archana Goenka

Anonymous said...

dear sangita
news of indira's death came as an absolute shock. a friend so dear to me i'll always cherish the memories we shared. i was clueless abt her illness. anyway i sincerely hope god gives her family all the strength to bear the loss. hope to touch base with archana or kalpana sometime.
love
vinita kanoria (parakh)